Game Day Nachos!
Are you ready for the big game? The Super Bowl is the perfect time to enjoy a hearty helping of beef nachos.
What you need:
1 LB Ground Round (or your choice of ground beef)
1 Can of Pinto Beans
1 Cooking Onion
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
2 Cups Mexican Cheese
1 Can Black Beans
Dipping: Sour Cream, Salsa, Guacamole
How to Make It:
Set your oven to 350 degrees
1. Dice your onion and add it to a pan with olive oil over medium heat on the stove. Cook until it starts to turn translucent.
2. Add your ground beef to the pan with the onion and cook until beef begins to brown. (Drain fat if needed.) Add pinto beans (drained and rinsed).
3. Add taco seasoning (cook to packets directions). You can also skip the seasoning and add your choices of spices (chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic power, or paprika).
4. In an oven safe dish, layer your tortilla chips along the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup Mexican Cheese and a layer of your meat mixture. Repeat with another layer of chips, 1 cup of cheese and meat.
5. Drain and rinse your black beans and add on top of your nachos. You can also add any other toppings you wish to be cooked such as corn, jalapeño and peppers.
6. Place dish in the oven and cook until cheese melts (about 10-12 minutes).
7. Remove nachos from the oven and top with the rest of your desired additions such as tomatoes, avocado, peppers, green onion, red onion, lettuce or olives.
8. Serve hot with a side of sour cream, salsa or guacamole.